We all hope you had a relaxing, enjoyable weekend with your families. While we look forward to this short week of school, we are aware that concert week often feels busy and hectic. Please see the note below for information that will help you plan for that evening.
Black Folder Information:
In the black folder, you may have noticed that there was a grade for homeroom. This should have read Grammar/Writing. I wanted to see how the students are doing in these subject areas in isolation. Please keep in mind they are apart of the ELA grade when it comes to the report card. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this change.
3-5 Concert Logistics Thursday, November 15th
Students arrive at 6:30 p.m. and check in to designated areas. There will be staff members in the lobby with signs to assist the students in reporting to their appropriate locations. For a copy of the map, please visit Mrs. Cowen’s blog. My computer will not let me add the image 😦
Pick up Locations:
- 3rd Graders Little Theatre
- 4th Graders Picnic Table Area Outside
- 5th Graders Stage
Note to Families with Multiple Students:
- Please keep 3-5 students with you in the audience during the K-2 concert and pick up the K-2 students before the 3-5 concert begins.
Things to Remember:
- Out of respect for all of the students, please plan on staying until the end of the 3-5 concert.
- The concert will be professionally recorded by Esthetics in Motion. Please refrain from bringing recording devices. DVDs can be preordered for purchase here: http://store.estheticsinmotion.com
A Note from the Higley Center:
- Please be patient in the parking lot, and aware of your surroundings at all times because of the high volume of traffic
- Cell phones should be turned off upon entering the auditorium
- Please wait until the end of the song to applaud
- Late comers will be asked to wait to enter the auditorium until the end of the current song
- Out of respect for the performers and the camera crew, please exit to the lobby if your small child is causing a distraction
Food and drink are not allowed in the auditorium.
A Look at this week:
Grammar: This week in Grammar we will continue learning about conjunctions. We will look at how conjunctions are used to join together adjectives and adverbs as well as subjects and verbs.
Spalding: Due to the short week and busy concert evening, there will be no Spalding this week.
Literature: This week we will be working on sequencing skills, and continuing with our current read-aloud – Little House on the Prairie.
Math: This week, we begin our unit on division. Please ensure your student is continuing to practice multiplication facts to mastery.
History: Unit assessment on Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, and Pompeii will be on Thursday. Please make sure to help your child locate resources (ie library books and online resources etc.) for their Rome project. We will begin working on them in class on Monday, November 19th. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Writing: In writing, we continue working on the writing tools concepts with a focus on an outline/plan for organizing paragraphs.
Science: In Science, we will continue working on The Nervous System with a focus on parts of the brain.
Have a wonderful week 🙂